The new set differs completely from the existing Macleod Masterclass Video and supplements rather than replaces it. The existing set is a coherent linked course covering the primary aspects of thin-film theory and treating especially the use of the admittance diagram where one section follows another in sequence. In this new set, except, perhaps, for the Fundamentals, any selection, in any order is equally good.
- Fundamentals: Rather dull but necessary introductions to definitions, sign conventions and related aspects. Running time 30 minutes.
- Introduction to Coating Design: A description of many of the fundamental structures we use in our coating designs. Running time 57 minutes.
- Basics of Ultrafast: An introduction to short pulse effects and related coating properties. Running time 32 minutes.
- Basics of Rugates: What are rugates and how do we design them? Running time 35 minutes.
- Topics in n & k extraction: What is n and k extraction? Dielectric layers and pitfalls to avoid. Running time 35 minutes.
- Color in coatings: The CIE system of objective color definition and aspects of its use in coatings. Running time 49 minutes.
The topics are available on a single CD or DVD (depending upon the topics ordered)
Click here to see a short excerpt from the lectures. The clip is a 8MB Windows Media file.
Please contact Thin Film Center for more information.
All products and services may be ordered directly from Thin Film Center or from any of our agents. For your convenience we accept payment by American Express, Mastercard and Visa. Please contact us, or our agents for pricing information.